Sunflower patches, wheat fields, dummy power lines, dead tree perches and mojo decoys make dove hunting at Gardner Camp a memorable experience for youth. We intentionally keep our group sizes small so that our instructors can provide a high quality hunt for youth alongside their mentor. Our blinds are positioned in our dove fields for maximum flyover to allow for greater success. Typical youth dove hunts include a safety briefing, side-by-side transportation to the blind, an afternoon hunt, dog retrieval, bird cleaning and snacks in Gardner Hall.
Beginning in 2020, youth may apply to enter a lottery drawing to hunt at Gardner Camp. Youth must meet the following qualifications to apply:
- Must be 12 years of age at time of hunt
- Must have completed Illinois Hunter Safety Education Course (or other state equivalent)
- Must have an adult (21+) mentor to accompany youth on the hunt
- If 18 years of age, must still be in high school
- Must be from Adams, Pike counties of IL or surrounding counties
Applications are continuously accepted. Deadline to apply for the current year hunting season: July 15th. Lottery Drawing Date: August 1st
Youth are responsible for their own licenses and tags. Gardner Camp hunts are fully guided and we furnish field blinds and chairs, decoy set-up, transportation to/from blind, bird cleaning facility and instruction and hunting gear, upon request.
Back to Mentored Youth Hunting