Sunflower patches, wheat fields, dummy power lines, dead tree perches and mojo decoys make dove hunting at Gardner Camp a memorable experience for youth. We intentionally keep our group sizes small so that our instructors can provide a high quality hunt for youth alongside their mentor. Our blinds are positioned in our dove fields for maximum flyover to allow for greater success. Typical youth dove hunts include a safety briefing, side-by-side transportation to the blind, an afternoon hunt, dog retrieval, bird cleaning and snacks in Gardner Hall.
Youth may apply to enter a lottery drawing to hunt at Gardner Camp. Youth must meet the following qualifications to apply:
- Must be 12 years of age at time of hunt
- Must have completed Illinois Hunter Safety Education Course (or other state equivalent)
- Must have an adult (21+) mentor to accompany youth on the hunt
- If 18 years of age, must still be in high school
- Must be from Adams, Pike counties of IL or surrounding counties
Applications are continuously accepted. Deadline to apply for the current year hunting season: July 22nd. Lottery Drawing Date: August 1st. Applications submitted after the deadline will be for the following hunting season.
Youth are responsible for their own licenses and tags. Gardner Camp hunts are fully guided and we furnish field blinds and chairs, decoy set-up, transportation to/from blind, bird cleaning facility and instruction and hunting gear, upon request.
Back to Mentored Youth Hunting