Gardner Camp provides the area's only non-profit hunting program that is focused solely on youth. Our 540-acre camp features habitat carefully managed for wildlife and provides state-of-the-art blinds tailored for youth to experience a successful hunt. We specialize in providing unique, once in a lifetime experiences for youth in three areas of hunting--waterfowl, deer (archery and shotgun) and dove. We emphasize keeping our group sizes small so that our attention can be focused on youth and creating memories that last.
Beginning in 2020, youth may apply to enter a lottery drawing to hunt at Gardner Camp. Youth must meet the following qualifications to apply:
- Must be 12 years of age at time of hunt
- Must have completed Illinois Hunter Safety Education Course (or other state equivalent)
- Must have an adult (21+) mentor to accompany youth on the hunt
- If 18 years of age, must still be in high school
- Must be from Adams, Pike counties of IL or surrounding counties
Applications are continuously accepted. Deadline to apply for the current year hunting season: July 15th. Lottery Drawing Date: August 1st
Youth are responsible for their own licenses and tags. Gardner Camp hunts are fully guided and we furnish blind breakfasts, decoy set-up, heated blinds, transportation to/from blind, bird and deer cleaning facility and instruction and hunting gear, upon request.
For more information and details on each type of hunting, click below.