Programs & Events
New to Gardner Camp - the Latest in Modern Accessible Activity Transportation
We are happy to provide an accessible passenger trailer to transport students to outdoor classrooms on-site at Gardner Camp. Rather than singling out students who have mobility challenges, this trailer allows us to keep classes together while moving from one activity to another. It also allows us to develop new outdoor classrooms and enables students to see areas of camp previously inaccessible. Funding for this passenger trailer was provided in part by the Tracy Family Foundation. We are so appreciative of their generosity in helping to enhance our programs. (5/2020)
Gardner Camp will partner with organizations to offer youth the highest caliber mentoring and instruction on subjects related to hunter safety, hunting heritage, waterfowl and migratory birds, wildlife and habitat management through a variety of educational strategies. This will include teaching youth the basic skills, values, techniques and responsibilities of hunting. Gardner Camp wishes to partner with organizations to increase the number of youth who participate in hunting activities and provide a safe, positive hunting experience for all youth.
Gardner Camp will collaborate with youth-serving non-profit organizations in offering high quality outdoor recreation and science-based programming to achieve shared positive outcomes that benefit youth. We provide programming in these areas:
- Wetland & Waterfowl Ecology
- Wildlife Education & Management
- Outdoor Skills - Orienteering, Fire Building, Shelter Building, Backpacking
- River History & Archaeology
- Nature Art & Photography
- Hunting and Trapping Safety
For additional details on our program offerings, see our 'You Pick' Program Menu
If your classroom or youth group would like more information on scheduling an outdoor education activity, please contact us at email@example.com or 217/432-1999.
Gardner Camp will partner with non-profit organizations in offering unique shooting sports facilities, education and events in the disciplines of archery, air rifle and shotgun.
- Archery - basic and intermediate instruction on both Genesis compound bows and Mathews Mission bowhunting equipment - we offer a static range and 3-D range winding through the woods
- Air Rifle - basic instruction on standard break-over air rifles - we offer a static range and interactive target stations within the woods
- Shotgun - basic instruction on safe, proper shooting techniques - we offer 20 gauge shotguns and an automatic trap thrower that can present targets at varying angles and elevation
- Wingshooting - the act or practice of shooting at game birds in flight or at flying targets - we offer Wingshooting Clinics in conjunction with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
If your youth group would like more information on scheduling a shooting sports activity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217/432-1999.
**Group programs have been suspended until May 31st. This includes school field trips, Ultimate Outdoor Challenge, 4-H Workshops, Gardner Camp/BSA Hunt Club meetings and Girl Scout programs.
Scout Badge Completion Sheets
Shooting Sports: Air Gun Boy Scouts