Announcing our 2021 Ultimate Outdoor 3-on-3 Challenge!
EVENT DATE: SATURDAY, MAY 8, 2021
Represent your school and showcase your outdoor skills and talent in this unique and exciting competition! Grab two of your friends to compete against teams from other schools.
TEAM WINNER IS AWARDED A $1,000 CASH PRIZE FOR THEIR SCHOOL!
Team members must be able to perform skills prior to the event. Team practices before the event are encouraged. Equipment can be provided but team members are recommended to bring their own archery equipment and shotguns. Kayaks and air rifles are provided.
Teams are encouraged to bring a pop-up tent as a gathering spot for your team and family members.
PLEASE NOTE: Teams choose one competitor to represent them in the 3D Archery Shoot, Air Rifle Shoot, and Trap Shoot. All team members will participate in the Kayak Relay.
- 3-D ARCHERY SHOOT– 10 stations, 20 yards, 1 arrow scored
- TRAP SHOOT – 25 birds scored (steel shot required) – yes, steel shot! But everyone has to shoot steel shot = equal playing ground. See note below about ammo
- AIR RIFLE SHOOT – two 10-spot targets scored at 10 meters (20 shots – air rifles provided) – prone and kneeling positions
- KAYAK RELAY – timed relay on a course (kayaks provided)
• Open to boys, girls, or co-ed teams. Schools can have more than one team entry. An adult coach must register with the team. Lunch is served. No entry fee.
• T-Shirts corresponding to the team's school colors are provided! Multi-school teams are allowed.
• Trap Shoot Ammunition - Steel shot will be provided by Gardner Camp, if desired - Winchester Super X Game & Target • 12 ga • 2-3/4" • 1325 Vel • 1 oz • 7 shot
• Coach Responsibilities - Coaches are required to supervise competitors and ensure they are at their events on time. No experience necessary - just be a good cheerleader!
• A cash award of $1,000 given to the winning team's school sponsored by Illinois Ducks Unlimited. Team and individual event prize packages to be awarded! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217/432-1999 with questions.